Move in day is coming soon! Some of you are probably ecstatic and have been packed since the beginning of summer while others of you may not be as eager to make the move. Whether you live for the thrill of the unknown or would rather stay in the comfort of things you have already explored, EPIC Commission is going to be an awfully big adventure!

Growing up in church, I had the opportunity to watch as EPIC Commission pioneered and has grown over the years. I've seen the people who go in and the world-changers who come out. While not everyone has the opportunity to observe the change people experience going through the program, I can imagine the nerves and doubts of the validity of God's calling you to EPIC Commission as you get closer to the start of this year. I wish I could tell you that EPIC Commission is always fun and laughter but that is only 73% of it. The other 27% is hard work and intense spiritual growth. From the moment you accepted Jesus to be the Lord of your life, the words normal and average no longer describe you. But be encouraged, you will be moving in with many other people walking the same path as you.

An extraordinary call has been placed on your life whether you like it or not; now is time to do something with it. You are an anointed child of the Most High God - it is time to start owning that truth.

No, it will not always be easy, but if God called you to it, he will also lead you through it. Remain teachable, hungry to learn, and expect the unimaginable. God will far exceed any expectation you put on him. Esther 4:14 talks about how we were created for such a time as now. What can God use you for today or prepare you for tomorrow?

As an incoming EPIC Commission student you are about to set foot into a huge growing season where God is going to use you for unimaginable things, and teach you what it means to follow and know Him with your whole heart. When Paul wrote to the church in Ephesus he repeatedly talked about the topic of walking worthy, so as to be in the right place when you are called. If you want God to use you, be ready to jump in the game at all times. Be in tune to what God’s plan is, His timing is impeccable and when you follow where He leads you it allows Him to grace the way.

In Romans 8:18 it says “For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us”.

EPIC Commission will squeeze you, but God never gives you more than you can handle. Pressure produces the person. EPIC Commission will not be a walk in the park, but it is by far the most rewarding foundation building time in your life so far. Perhaps you were created for such a time as this, and the time you have is only as good as you make it.

 

Annie Sampley
Incoming 2nd year

 

Comment